Reading Time: 2 minutes
On GivingTuesday 2022 I received nearly 30 emails from organizations asking for support.
What stood out?
What made me click to open the email?
Who did I donate to? 🙂
As a digital marketing strategist for nonprofits, I wanted to share my perspective on my personal favorite top 3 GivingTuesday fundraising emails that landed in my inbox.
1. The Adventure Project
- Subject Line: 💥 [MATCH] You are essential.
- Why I love it: This headline copy is gold! It’s relevant to the holidays and stands out with a very clear goal and $ ask.
2. Preemptive Love
- Subject Line: [This #GivingTuesday] STOP just giving 💰💰💰
- Why I love it: This subject line made me think, wait what do they want me to give? Then you open the email and there’s this beautiful graphic expressing what they need and help provide. When you click on the graphic, it leads you to a beautiful landing page with a video and an opportunity to give.
3. Imani Collective
- Subject Line: Help us reach our #GivingTuesday Goal!!
- Why I love it: They have a very specific GivingTuesday fundraising goal of $32k and share the direct impact the funds will have. They share a brief problem and how YOU the reader can be part of the change.
- I donated to the Imani Collective campaign, not because of this first email, but because they shared a video in a follow-up email (below to the right) of their Joy Room experience. They were up in the middle of the night in Kenya celebrating ALL night long the gifts coming in AND they were giving back themselves as well.
Check out my experience in the Imani Collective’s Joy Room:
[…] appreciation for donors with thank-you messages on social media, SMS, email, and other channels with regular updates about the impact of their […]