Social media can be an extremely beneficial tool when used properly and with a strategy for nonprofits.
Here’s a look at my Top 10 Tips to Increase Followers & Donations on Instagram and Facebook:
5 Facebook Tips
- Register for Facebook Payments + Launch Facebook Fundraisers
- Make sure your nonprofit is registered to receive Facebook Payments. This dramatically decreases the payout processing time, allows you to use the donation button on page headers and posts, and provide donor contact information that opt-in to receive your emails. Check to see if you’re registered here.
- Facebook Fundraisers have raised more than $2 billion dollars for nonprofits. There’s no fees for donations and it’s a great way to get new donors involved with your cause.
Download my FREE guide on how-to exceed your Facebook Fundraising goals.
- Facebook Pixel
- Installing a Facebook Pixel on your website allows you to track the data of anyone who visits your website and interacts with your social media accounts. Once you have this data, you can retarget audiences through social media advertising. This data is super important if you’re looking to build and reach new donors.
- Go LIVE
- Facebook users are 4x more likely to watch live streams than recorded video. According to Facebook, 1 in 5 videos is now a live broadcast! Live videos provide you with a direct engagement with supporters.
- Update your header button to DONATE
- Make sure you’re utilizing the real estate on the Facebook header to your advantage with a relevant CTA.
- Create and post compelling video content
- According to Facebook, 75% of the world’s mobile data traffic was video in 2020. The platform loves video content; therefore, prioritizing user’s that post more video content.
5 Instagram Tips
- Transition Instagram to a Business Account
- Instagram provides a lot of insights on demographics, content performance, etc if you have a Business Account. It’s a simple process that’s a game-changer. Click here to learn how to switch.
- Enable the donation button on your profile
- Once you’re approved through Facebook Payment, you’ll be able to add a Donate Button right to your Instagram Profile. Click here for instructions.
- Update your Link in Bio
- There’s often multiple things you want to highlight in your organization. Use a tool like LinkTree or Milkshake to add multiple links to your bio.
- Use Instagram Live With feature
- Instagram Live With provides you the opportunity to either host a conversation or be a guest on someone else’s Instagram Live. When you go live, your followers get notified AND so does the other person. This is a great way to increase followers and awareness for free. 🙂
- Post consistently and engage
- A tip that’s tried and true. Make sure to have a consistent Instagram posting strategy. Note that you don’t have to post every single day. If you post consistently three times x week, then that’s great! Just make sure to post that much every week, if possible. Utilize Instagram Stories to help you if you don’t have post content.
- Part two of this tip is the most important. Social media is based on one-to-one communication. Make sure you’re responding to comments, jumping into your DMs, watching your follower’s stories, etc. Be active and engaging on Instagram to see all metrics increase!